Bipolar-Related Internet Links
Below is a list of online websites which will assist you in gathering information about bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Lives – Excellent site with good information and support for those with bipolar disorder
- Bipolar Medication Guide – A site that discusses medications used for treating bipolar disorder
- Bipolar Network News – An online newsletter delivering current news about research and treatment pertaining to bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Hope – An informational website for the hard copy magazine – Bipolar Hope – a nicely done quarterly magazine publication for those with bipolar disorder.
- BP Children.com – Website about childhood bipolarity. Includes sections specifically for children
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance – National organization with comprehensive information, links, media information and membership options for those with bipolar disorder.
- DepressionCentral.net – Extensive list of links to information about bipolar disorder.
- Documentary Films about Bipolar Disorder – BP Hope Magazine – This link to a BP Magazine online page provides access to seven excellent documentary films about bipolar disorder.
- Healthy Place – Bipolar Information – A thorough and informative educational and support website devoted to bipolar disorder.
- HelpGuide.com – Bipolar Self-help and Support – A nonprofit organization devoted to providing education, health, and support to individuals and families facing mental health issues. Excellent information provided about bipolar disorder.
- International Bipolar Foundation – An international foundation for Bipolar Disorder education, research, and support. Has an extensive website. Can also be helpful in providing referrals to professionals with expertise in bipolar disorder. For referral, assistance write: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juvenile Bipolar Research Foundation – Foundation website with good information about childhood bipolarity
- K12 Academics – Bipolar Disorder – A national organization with topics pertinent to education, including important medical/psychological issues. The site provides excellent information about bipolar disorder.
- Mayo Clinic Bipolar Information – A nationally recognized provider of medical services with a website providing thorough and reputable information about bipolar disorder.
- MedLine Plus – Bipolar Disorder – A website with thorough information about bipolar disorder sponsored by the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health.
- National Alliance for Mental Illness – Fact sheet on bipolar disorder by a grassroots mental health advocacy organization.
- National Institute of Mental Health – A long established and reputable national organization with some of the best and latest information about mental health issues.
- PsychCentral – One of the more extensive websites with excellent information on bipolar and other mood disorders
- Psychcom – Bipolar Disorder – Good Informational website about bipolar disorder
- Psychiatry Letter – Website for a monthly humanistic psychiatry newsletter. Content is excellent for those interested in more psychiatrically oriented information (neuroscience and medication). An ongoing subscription to the newsletter is $90/yr. General Treatment information – (open access – no fee)
- PsychEducation.org – An excellent holistically-oriented website with extensive user-friendly information about diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder. The site does a particularly good job at discussing the subtleties of bipolar II disorder and it’s unique treatment requirements.
- PubMed health – US National Library of Medicine – Scientific information and articles about bipolar disorder.
- TeensHealth.org – Bipolar Information – A website devoted to physical and mental health-related issues for teenagers. Excellent information provided about bipolar disorder.
- VeryWell.com – Bipolar Disorder – On-line information source with extensive bipolar related information.
- Wikipedia – Bipolar Disorder
Excellent Magazine Articles About Bipolarity
- Atlantic Magazine – Why I Keep My Bipolar Disorder Secret
- New York Magazine – Are You Bipolar?
- NY Times – “I Don’t Believe in God but I Do Believe in Lithium” – An in-depth account of one person’s 20-year history living with bipolar disorder. 6/15
- NY Times – Patient Voices: Bipolar Disorder. Informative and insightful stories of 5 men and women living with Bipolar Disorder.
- NY Times – “The Problem with How We Treat Bipolar Disorder” – Excellent personal account of the author’s experience in living with and receiving treatment for bipolar I disorder. 4/13
- Self magazine – What it’s like to live with Bipolar Disorder – 7 people’s experience.
Self-assessment/Bipolar Screening Tools
- Mood Check
- Brief Screening for Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder Self-Test – Black Dog Institute
- Psycom Bipolar Self-test
Online Bipolar Chats and Forums